1. Recently in which state / union territory was the Vanvasi Samagam organized?
Answer: Uttar Pradesh
Vanvasi Samagam was organized in Uttar Pradesh’s Sonbhadra district. President Ram Nath Kovind attended the event as the chief guest. The President also inaugurated the newly constructed building of Seva Kunj Ashram.
2. An advisory committee has been formed under the chairmanship of the Minister of Culture to study which Indian river for the next two years?
The Center has restructured an advisory committee to prepare a plan for the study of the legendary Saraswati river for the next two years. The tenure of the previous panel expired in 2019.
3. OTPRMS certificate, which was recently seen in the news, belongs to which Union Ministry?
Answer: Ministry of Education
Online Teacher Pupil Registration Management System (OTPRMS), to be admitted as teachers, able to register themselves, candidates studying or passing in any course under the National Council for Teacher Education makes. The Ministry of Education has decided to link OTPRMS certificates to the DigiLocker service to provide free access to the certificates.
4. Which institution announced a rule that demanded banks to accept Tier 1 (AT1) bonds with a 100-year maturity?
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has issued a circular seeking acceptance of additional Tier 1 (AT1) bonds from banks with maturity of 100 years. The Finance Ministry has asked Sebi to withdraw this rule, which will increase the risk for investment in bonds. The sale of these securities will make it difficult for banks to raise capital.
5. From which date the All India Tourist Vehicle Authority and Permit Rules will come into force?
Answer – April 1, 2021
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has announced ‘All India Tourist Vehicles Authority and Permit Rules, 2021’. Under these rules, any tourist vehicle operator can apply for “All India Tourist Authority / Permit” in online mode. After submitting the required documents and depositing the fees, the permit will be issued within 30 days.